Why does Bamboo need a plan attached to a project?

Rodion Alukhanov August 11, 2021

If I can create only a single plan for every project, why don't attach stages directly to the project removing the plan entity from the tree?

UPDATE: Sorry, I asked a stupid question. The button "Create Plan" converts itself to a menu item after the first plan is created. It is still possible to create as many plans as you want. You just need to find the new location of the "Create Plan" command :-)

2 answers

2 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Because they're different entities. Project is a home of plans. It's possible to create repositories, variables, shared credentials assigned to project and then all plans of this project can share them. It allows to share Bamboo instance between independent teams without disturbing each other

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2021

Hi @Rodion Alukhanov

adding to the spot-on information from Alexey I just wanted to add that this video helped me a lot in the former days to grasp the basics:

There is also an older video which explains it also quite well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ank4VeGHB94

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events