Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What is the git repository cache used for on the bamboo server?

We have the "Default agent" turned off - we only use remote agents. However, the git repository cache on the bamboo server is populated. I'm curious to know if I can delete these caches without affecting our builds. 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2016

Hi Sam, yes Alexey is right. I'm afraid you won't be able to prevent Bamboo from checking out the repository even if you're not using local agents, Bamboo was designed to work like this as it needs the cache to detect commits, trigger builds and get a list of branches. The answer to your original question would be yes, you can remove the cache without affecting your builds, but Bamboo will automatically create them again when necessary.

1 vote

Bamboo checkouts repositories to detect commits and trigger builds, to get list of branches and create/remove plan branches. You can cleanup these caches in case of any issues, Bamboo will create them again when necessary

Is Alexey's answer correct? Does Bamboo really do full checkouts just to figure out when to trigger builds? That seems incredibly heavy-handed.

I'd like confirmation on this, if possible - ultimately I'd like to know if I can avoid the server making these checkouts at all if we're not using the Default server agent. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

670 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you