Virtual Agents For Bamboo shuts down VMs 2 minutes after startup

With Virtual Agents For Bamboo enabled I cannot use some of my connected VMs, they shut down two minutes after they initialize. I can get them to stay up by disabling this Bamboo plugin. I do have one VM that appears to be unaffected. The effected VMs share nothing but the host. I've tried migrating one of the affected VMs to another host it still shuts down 2 minutes after startup.

I have read the Virtual Agents for Bamboo admin guide

Where are the log files for Virtual Agents For Bamboo? What other trouble shooting steps should I pursue before logging this as a bug?

1 answer

Note on the agent mappings section of the configuration page for Virtual Machines for Bamboo: "Note about enabling/disabling remote agents.

The add-on will automatically enable remote agents upon start of the dedicated virtual machines. The add-on will also automatically disable remote agents and then shut down the dedicated virtual machines when there are no tasks in the queue for the running agents."

This is the cause of my problem and I have worked around it by removing the mappings.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,064 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot