View the servers where all Bamboo Deployment Environment Tasks are pointing to

MF J January 7, 2019

I wanted to know if there is a simple way in Bamboo to see the servers where each of my deployment environment tasks would go if every task was run right now.

Managing a lot of deployment environments is difficult so any idea how we can better manage a list of which servers our build artifacts will be deployed to would be helpful. 

Currently I think the best option is to try to get that info from the database and write a script to return the environments/deployment projects that I want. 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2019

Hi @MF J,

I'm assuming you are talking about dedicated agents. Agents that will be assigned to a specific environment or deployment project. If this is the case you can use the following query:

SELECT
DP.NAME,
DE.NAME,
DP.PLAN_KEY,
DE.ENVIRONMENT_ID,
DP.DEPLOYMENT_PROJECT_ID,
AA.EXECUTABLE_ID,
AA.EXECUTABLE_TYPE,
Q.AGENT_TYPE,
Q.TITLE,
Q.AGENT_DESCRIPTION
FROM
DEPLOYMENT_PROJECT DP
JOIN
DEPLOYMENT_ENVIRONMENT DE ON DP.DEPLOYMENT_PROJECT_ID=DE.PACKAGE_DEFINITION_ID
LEFT JOIN
AGENT_ASSIGNMENT AA ON (DE.ENVIRONMENT_ID=AA.EXECUTABLE_ID
AND AA.EXECUTABLE_TYPE='ENVIRONMENT')
OR (DP.DEPLOYMENT_PROJECT_ID=AA.EXECUTABLE_ID
AND AA.EXECUTABLE_TYPE='DEPLOYMENT_PROJECT')
LEFT JOIN
QUEUE Q ON Q.QUEUE_ID=AA.EXECUTOR_ID

This query will list all your deployment projects and environments with agents dedicated or not. This information is available through the UI but not consolidated (only checking each agent). With the query you can see the big picture and filter the information you need.
The deployment projects and environments followed by nulls are the ones not dedicated to any agent.

Please keep in mind that you might also have agents dedicated to build projects, plans or jobs and this type of information would require a different query to be seen.

Let me know if this is what you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events