You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have added a Java specs project to an existing repository under the bamboo-specs subdirectory. Once I merged this into master this triggered Bamboo to scan, e.g. I see a line in the Specs status tab on the relevant linked repository, but Specs status is "Error in Bamboo Specs"
I see the following error in atlassian-bamoo.log
2018-11-05 08:23:27,429 INFO [AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-2-thread-5] [BitbucketServerRssStatusUpdater] Sending RSS notification to Stash (repository: ...)
2018-11-05 08:23:31,598 INFO [15-BAM::SpecsDetection:pool-23-thread-1] [RssDetectionRunnable] Exception while executing RSS detection for repository 2359297
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected authority at index 7: http://
I don't see anything obviously relevant in atlassian-bitbucket.log
Both Bamboo and Bitbucket sit behind an apache reverse proxy providing HTTPS so I suspect this is the root cause of the issue. Please advise on how to configure this correctly.
This KB should get you all details needed to secure your connection behind an Apache reverse Proxy: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/securing-your-atlassian-applications-with-apache-using-ssl-838284349.html
It's thought to be used for all Atlassian applications, so it's suitable for Bamboo and for Bitbucket.
Hope this helps, Jon.
I found this resolved bug ticket for you: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18796
Sound like what you're facing. I'm not sure what Bamboo version you use. If below 6.3.0, please consider a Bamboo upgrade.
Otherwise your case seems to be a bit more complex and we'd need more details from you for which best is to open a support case. Describe your situation there incl. your environment (Bamboo version, on what OS, inside Docker?, on same box as Bitbucket / other repo, etc.) and preferribly directly attach your Bamboo Support Zip.
I created https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/35/CA-591584 with a support.zip - FYI the UX on your attachment upload is poor, it's non-obvious that a file has been uploaded, hence you get the support zip 6 times...
Hi Jon, I could create a bug ticket if we knew that it is a bug.
I cannot reproduce your issue not using two reverse Proxies and encrypted (SSL) connections on both ends. Do you see a chance, just for test purpose, to bypass the Proxies and also go without SSL?
If this works, next, please follow these steps to get Bamboo run behind Apache using https: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/securing-bamboo-with-apache-using-ssl-391087437.html and see if this works.
If so, continue to to configure Bitbucket with Apache and SSL, like this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver048/administering-bitbucket-server/advanced-actions/proxying-and-securing-bitbucket-server/securing-bitbucket-server-with-apache-using-ssl.
One more idea: Do you you use https and not http for the Proxy URLs?
Hope this brings us further.
I believe the bitbucket examples are stale as we are running 5.14.1 as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/securing-your-atlassian-applications-with-apache-using-ssl-838284349.html
It looks like server.scheme was missing from bitbucket.properties - I am waiting for a restart to confirm if that makes a difference.
I'm afraid this is still failing after adding server.scheme
Looking at your stack trace it seems to me that wherever the proxy string is being built it's not including the scheme (https://github.com/jersey/jersey/blob/master/connectors/apache-connector/src/main/java/org/glassfish/jersey/apache/connector/ApacheConnector.java#L422 - seems to be pulling in jersey.config.client.proxy.uri)
I can't really dig much further without access to your source.