Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to un-quarantine a quarantined test

Mark Smith September 19, 2019

I was able to quarantine the following 7 tests successfully. Now, I cannot determine a way to un-quarantine them! As you can see, no option exists.

I'm running Bamboo 6.8.1 build 60805

I don't have a "Quarantined Tests" tab on the plan summary, either. 

Must one un-quarantine from the exact same job/branch or something like that?

How do I un-quarantine these tests, please. Thanks!

quarantine-challenge.png

4 answers

3 votes
Joe Barnier March 4, 2021

I work with @Ben Sumnicht, and we figured out our issue. I want to post the resolution here for future viewers of this post.

There is a distinction in Bamboo between "skipped" and "quarantined" tests. However, this distinction is not very obvious in the Bamboo web interface, which groups them together in a "Quarantined / skipped" section of the test results. Note that there was a feature request to improve this (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15946), but it has been closed and is not planned for implementation at the time of this posting.

Skipped tests are tests that exist in a test suite but have been marked as disabled in the test results that Bamboo parses. For example, a GoogleTest unit test can be disabled by adding the DISABLED_ prefix to its name (in the unit test code).

Quarantined tests are tests that have failed but are then manually marked as "Quarantined" in the Bamboo web interface (by a user with plan administrator or build permission).

In our case, we were fairly certain that tests had been quarantined, but in fact they were disabled tests in our unit test suite. I am guessing this was also the case for the original poster.

To resolve the "skipped" tests, we simply needed to stop disabling them in our unit test code.

1 vote
Alexandr Ts August 26, 2021

Old thread, but may be it will be useful for someone. 

You can un-quarantine tests on Build plan summary page. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/quarantining-failing-tests-289276886.html

0 votes
Ben Sumnicht March 3, 2021

We are running the same version and build of Bamboo and are also experiencing this. Any updates?

0 votes
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Hello @Mark Smith welcome to the community :)

As from the screenshot you've shared, it seems that you have skipped tests, and not quarantined tests. Can you confirm that these tests were not skipped from your code?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events