Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Specs-based plans

Alan Raison June 8, 2018

I've been trying to experiement with bamboo specs but no plans ever get created. I am use Bmaboo Server 6.5.0 build 60509.

I have successfully connected Bamboo with my Bitbucket Server (v5.5.0).

I have a linked repository containing a file `bamboo-specs/bamboo.yml`.

I have enabled the linked repository for spec-scanning.

I have created a project, whose key matches that declared in the YAML spec, and given the repo specs permission in that project. (I also tried giving the repo permissions in all projects).

Should the plans be automatically created at this point? I can't see any log lines to determine whether scanning has taken place, let alone been successful or otherwise.

I have tried clicking "Create -> Create Bamboo Specs" and choosing the project and linked repository. I see a message describing how to get started but then nothing changes - should I get feedback on the success of this?

There are no logs under the linked repository page's "spec status" tab.

I am not a Bitbucket admin, though I can get the admin to perform tasks on my behalf. The Bitbucket admin is an admin in Bamboo and was able to create the app link.

Have I followed the process correctly? Am I missing anything?

My spec file looks similar to this:

```yaml

project:

key: BASE

plan:

key: MAVEN

name: Custom Maven

stages:

# Set up one Job per base image type

- jobs:

- scripts:

- docker build \

-f 3-jdk-8/Dockerfile \

-t repo-address/maven:3-jdk-8-${bamboo_planKey}-${bamboo_buildNumber} \

-t repo-address/maven:3-jdk-8 \

```

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alan Raison June 11, 2018

It seems to have been an issue with the application link; although the Bamboo to Bitbucket connection was OK, the reverse connection was not (though there was no indication of this from within Bamboo). Once this was fixed, my plans were successfully created.

0 votes
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hi @Alan Raison check this similiar question on this thread

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events