Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble using bamboo.yaml on multiple bambooinstance

TDG Energizer March 16, 2021

Hi,

i have a bamboo.yaml in my repository which is used on 2 diffrent bambooinstances.

The Buildplans differ on those instances in some Tasks, which was easy to solve with global-variables and conditional tasks.

But i have problems settings Group-Permissions within the yaml cause the groupnames on bambooinstance-1 and bambooinstance-2 are not equal!

I tried to set the groupname as global-variable too:

plan-permissions:
- users: []
groups: ${bamboo.devteam}

but its no resolving the variable and a yaml parse error occurs with something like "group not found ${bamboo.devteam}"

Is there a way to solve this ? Or any bestpractise how to use multiple bambooinstances on the same project ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

It's possible to define server name where YAML and Java specs will be applied, see https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/7.1.1/specs.html?yaml#multiple-bamboo-servers

TDG Energizer March 16, 2021

Thanks :) Is there a way to find the Server-Name without beein admin ? Or is this equal to the url ?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

It's added as postfix to every page title, like here name is "server-gdn-bamboo"Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.36.43.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events