Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering another build task (deploy or build type) after a set of other build/deploys have complet

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Triggering another build task (deploy or build type) after a set of other build/deploys have completed.

In a typical environment deploy (actual bamboo build tasks) like to QA, we will deploy some 20+web sites, services, windows services, db updates, etc as a full deploy.

We would like to trigger a sanity test after all of these 20+ deploys to qa have finished.  Right now we have a finished build trigger on what we consider the longest running deploy but this is not very reliable. 

Is there a way to trigger another bamboo task/build after a set of other builds/tasks have completed?

On dependency builds is there a way to order the dependent builds and put one last?

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

How about using this REST API to trigger other build plan?

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Thanks Kah Loun Foong.  That is exactly what we did.  The only issue that we had is that a full deploy for us is some 20 sites, services, etc.   I need to wait and have all of these done before I trigger.  Its like I need to roll up the completion of all 20 app /service deploys  into an AND gate before triggering the Sanity test.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events