Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a job after successful deployment

sgoru August 9, 2022

Hi ,

I know we can trigger a deployment after a successful build but I am looking to see if I can trigger a scan plan/job after the build and deployment is successful.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2022

Hello @sgoru

You will have to use the Bamboo After Deployment trigger plugin:

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

sgoru August 9, 2022

Thank you @Eduardo Alvarenga  for the prompt reply.  Forgot to mention the version we use. Its 7.0.2 would that matter in any way or I can use the plugin?

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2022

Hello @sgoru

You can try using the latest version. If it doesn't work, please try using one of the past builds as linked here:

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

sgoru August 10, 2022

Hi @Eduardo Alvarenga ,

Thank you I dont see this tool in the market place for 7.0.2. Are there any install inscructions for jar plugin.

Bamboo.png

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2022

Hi @sgoru

If that's not available on the marketplace you will have to install it manually.

Download the version from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216136/after-deployment-trigger-for-bamboo/version-history and follow these instructions:

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

sgoru August 12, 2022

hi @Eduardo Alvarenga  I was able to successfully installed but some of the deployment plans are not showing up in the drop down. If we can have a working session I can show you what is going on. Can you help?

Thanks in Advance!

Sandeep

Like Eduardo Alvarenga likes this
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2022

Hey @sgoru thank you for your feedback!

Bamboo 7.0.2 has already reached its end of life. We advise you to try upgrading Bamboo to a supported version first (preferably 8.2), then try using that plugin again.

If after that it still doesn't work we recommend you open a case with us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

sgoru September 21, 2022

HI @Eduardo Alvarenga  is there a way I can add a delay to a trigger after successful deployment.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2022

Hello @sgoru,

Not directly. But you can add a Script task before the trigger that will contain a "sleep" command.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events