I am trying to install Bamboo on my machine. I have followed steps given in below link:
Upto step 5 all went fine. In step 6, I ran bin\start-bamboo.bat command and browsed
http://localhost:8085/to access Bamboo instance. After entering the temporary license number and clicking on 'Express Installation', system shows "Please wait while Bamboo sets up your instance" and remains there for long time. Dont know if the installation is going on or stucking somewhere. Please help me.
Thanks in advanced.
How long was the "long time" you mentioned? The Setup Wizard might take a while in each step.
You can check for any errors that might have happened at <BAMBOO_HOME>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log.
If there aren't any errors, it would be just a matter of waiting a little more.
It was more than 5/6 hrs. And the logs are not showing any errors. The log file is full of below logs...
2014-06-18 13:50:00,761 INFO [http-bio-8085-exec-6] [AccessLogFilter] 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 POST http://localhost:8085/setup/setupDefaultGeneral.action254685kb
2014-06-18 13:50:02,809 INFO [http-bio-8085-exec-6] [AccessLogFilter] 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 POST http://localhost:8085/setup/setupDefaultGeneral.action254654kb
For posterity, my solution on Bamboo 4.3.3... Go to the URL that you setup in the first setup page as the base URL.
I had the same thing when initial from scratch install on mysql DB; a spinning widget saying the database, etc was being setup and asking me to wait. The only messages in the bamboo/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log was basically the page trying to refresh and posting 2-3 messages at a time:
2017-10-18 16:55:10,482 DEBUG [qtp109647522-14] [AccessLogFilter] END: 172.22.50.11 POST http://172.25.35.70:8085/setup/performSetupDatabaseConnection.action 126012kb-82kb 3ms
2017-10-18 16:55:12,501 INFO [qtp109647522-12] [AccessLogFilter] 172.22.50.11 POST http://172................
2017-10-18 16:55:12,504 INFO [qtp109647522-12] [ExecAndWaitWithJSONStatusUpdateInterceptor] B...........
WHY does going to base URL work??
I'm now recall that I changed the base url in the first setup page from the default of http://172.25.35.70:8085/setup/performSetupDatabaseConnection.action and I'm guessing that as the setup attempts to 'refresh' that it looks in the wrong place. Looks like a bug where the default URL you enter in the first setup page should be used for checking status.
FYI, I had to do this a second time during the setup.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot