cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Bamboo on system load

Ilya81 March 22, 2019

Actually it doesn't work. Even Bamboo starts I have always the same error

Bamboo bootstrap failed: Could not make directory ~/atlassian-bamboo-6.7.2

I can change the directory permissions to whatever permitted but nothing changes. The error stays the same.

Also I can see the errors log:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ~/atlassian-bamboo-6.7.2/logs/js-atlassian-bamboo.log (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:133)

at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:294)

at org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java:207)

at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:165)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:307)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:172)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:104)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:842)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:768)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:672)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:516)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:580)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionConverter.java:526)

at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:127)

at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:117)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BootstrapLoaderListener.<clinit>(BootstrapLoaderListener.java:42)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:408)

at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:151)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4714)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5256)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1420)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1410)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

22-Mar-2019 19:01:19.071 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8085"]

22-Mar-2019 19:01:19.187 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 47664 ms

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

Hi Ilya

How are you starting bamboo? With the built-in script in de installation directory, a service script, a custom script, ... ?

And which user is starting Bamboo?

The path to that file starts with the home directory notation (~/), any reason you use that? This means the process will look at the files in the home directory of the user.
Try using the absolute path starting from the root of the server.

Ilya81 March 22, 2019

I mean I use the tutorial meaning that .plist file and launchctl command using the same way start-bamboo.sh file. The directory is rather unusual and is kept from some earlier installation and it's a sub-directory of a user directory, i. e. ~/~/atlassian-bamboo-6.7.2/ I mean it's a data directory but not an installation directory.

And which user is starting Bamboo?

Do you mean a login or something else? 

The .plist file uses an absolute path for start-bamboo.sh file. No idea where else I can use some absolute path.

Ilya81 April 1, 2019

No suggestions at all? If so, how Bamboo can work properly somewhere else?

Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2019

Hello @Ilya81

In the tutorial you have pointed to, it asks you to set both username:

<string>USERNAME_RUNNING_BAMBOO</string>

and path:

<string>BAMBOO_INSTALLATION_PATH/start-bamboo.sh</string>

From your error log it seems that you have a path set to a user home directory, which could not exist or simply have no permission to create a repository.

Also, you've mentioned the path `~/~/atlassian-bamboo-6.7.2/`, which would resolve to `/home/<username>/~/atlassian-bamboo-6.7.2/` and also could be causing issues during startup.

Does any of these points help you? :)

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events