Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Bamboo audit logs

David Gard August 8, 2019

How do you search the Bamboo audit logs?

I need to track down when a plan was deleted and by whom, but there seems to be no obvious was of searching the audit logs.

Though it seems incomprehensible that a product would ever be released without such functionality, there is no mention of it in the documentation.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

Hi @David Gard,

It doesn't look as though search is something that is available in Bamboo at this time.

But there is an open feature request for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15990

I'd recommed voting and commenting on that feature.

At the same time what I have also found is that if you seach in the atlassian-bamboo.log file you should be able to find the REST API call that was made to delete the plan.  If you use an editor like Notepad ++ you should be able to search through all the log files in the logs directory for the call you are looking for.  That might help you as a workaround for now.

You will be looking for something like this:

[AccessLogFilter] jseddon POST http://<bamboo_servername>:8085/ajax/deleteChain.action 261668kb
[AbstractQuartzTriggerActivator] Scheduler job repository.change.jobs.CHAIN:IGD-CDB:1 not found, not deleted
[DeletionServiceImpl] Stopping any running builds for IGD-CDB
[DeletionServiceImpl] Scheduling plan [IGD-CDB] for deletion

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

David Gard August 8, 2019

Thanks for the reply Jimmy.

I found the feature request that you mentioned after I created the ticket. It's very concerning though that it was opened more than 4 years ago and it's still not even on the road map.

I'll try and find the location of the log file, although given that we lock down access to the Bamboo server for obvious reasons, I'm not sure if I'd have the required access.

Thanks,
David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events