Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schdeuler Trigger Daily and lastest Artifact Deployment

RajVerma7099 March 30, 2019

Hi Team, 

I set up daily Triggered to run a scan job but its not taking latest Artifacts present and when deploy job is running taking 

'${bamboo.inject.FixVersion}.${bamboo.inject.BuildDay}.${bamboo.inject.BuildTime}_(19)

How can i set in Scheduled trigger last release created ?

I am using Bamboo Specs to create Pipelines. So observed if the last plan run is spec Update in that case scheduled job fails as it's not able to find the artifacts. But if last build before scheduled job ran is actual plan build it works fine. 

So if i create bamboo pipeline without spec scheduled job works fine but if create through specs and there is update in specs it fails. 

How can i handle this scenario ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2019

Hi @RajVerma7099

I'm not really sure if I understand your request. Could you give us more details on what configuration you have (plan/deployment) and what is the issue?

Is your trigger in the build plan or in the deployment one?

What is this variable standing for?

${bamboo.inject.FixVersion}.${bamboo.inject.BuildDay}.${bamboo.inject.BuildTime}_(19)
RajVerma7099 April 3, 2019

Okay some more details - I am using Bamboo Specs to create Pipelines. So observed if the last plan run is spec Update in that case scheduled job fails as it's not able to find the artifacts. But if last build before scheduled job ran is actual plan build it works fine. 

So if i create bamboo pipeline without spec scheduled job works fine but if create through specs and there is update in specs it fails. 

How can i handle this scenario ? 

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2019

Hi @RajVerma7099 
Can you share the Bamboo version so I can run a test to check if this is a bug?

RajVerma7099 April 4, 2019

Using 6.8.0 Version 

RajVerma7099 April 5, 2019

@Daniel Santos  - Please let me know your observation?

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2019

Hi @RajVerma7099

Sorry for the delay. I still have to run some tests, but I think you are affected by this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19770. As soon as I have them run I'll share my findings here.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2019

Hi @RajVerma7099

I was able to reproduce the issue both in Bamboo 6.8.0 and 6.8.1. I've opened a new bug to report this thanks to you:

Unfortunately, the only workaround I can possibly think is to set a scheduled trigger for your build to run a few munites before the deployment is triggered. This should drastically reduce the chances of a specs update to happen as the latest result.

We will now need to wait for our development team to fix that bug so this issue can be avoided. In case you want to know, this is our Server Bug Fix Policy and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

RajVerma7099 April 8, 2019

thanks Daniel !

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2019

Hi @RajVerma7099

If you think this answer can help others, please click this helped me at the top of it.

See you in the next thread!

Edward_Burns September 12, 2019

Other wise go stuck our thumb!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events