SELENIUM / BAMBOO

Marat Sultan February 29, 2012

Hi dudes!

I have a great problem with a bamboo and selenium. I saw in pictures on site that i can test builds in a lot off web brousers and create bug reports.

But i didn't understand how i can to integrate selenium into bamboo. Please, help me with my problem. Can you you answer to my question, and what i must do in steps.

Thnx.

1 answer

2 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

You can use Selenium in two primary ways.

#1 - Use the Firefox Selenium Plugin where you can open a web app, click through it, and the Selnimu IDE plugin in Firefox records what you did. You can then go to File > Export As > And select what you want to export it as (i.e. a JUnit 3.x test, a JUNit 4.X test, etc). There are other test case exports for non-Java languages.using Java then selenium can be written as JUnit tests which can then be executed by an Ant or Maven build in your project.

http://seleniumhq.org/projects/ide/

#2 - Read about Selenimu and its API and write test cases by hand and run them as code or unit tests as part of your Bamboo plan.

http://seleniumhq.org/docs/

Marat Sultan March 1, 2012

Hi Adam,

Thnx for your answer. I use #1 way, i create a plan and add task junit. But i didn't know where i must input test case what i export by selenium. I put file into home/user/testcase/*.xml and when i set junit task i input into textarea path to that xml file. But i get error 'Could not find test result reports in the /opt/Bamboo/home/xml-data/build-dir/SWWEB-SWWEBMOZ-JOB1 directory.'

What im doing wrong? Please help me...

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2012

This is great stuff Adam, thank you!

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2012

Marat - this is a bit difficult to diagnose with the info you provided. When you specify a JUnit target in an Ant build the path should be relative not absolute. That way when your build runs in Bamboo it is generated under the build directory /opt/Bamboo/home/xml-data/build-dir/SWWEB-SWWEBMOZ-JOB1 . I would suggest using a bunch of ECHO statements in your Ant build to display the names of the directories you use so when the Bamboo build runs you can diagnose where the reports are being created.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events