Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCP identity agent key invalid problem

hkulekci March 21, 2018

I am getting below error while coping some files with scp task

2018-03-21 07:19:00,116 INFO [17-BAM::Default Agent::Agent:pool-32-thread-1] [TransportImpl] Client identity string: SSH-2.0-SSHJ_0.21.12018-03-21 07:19:00,182 WARN [17-BAM::Default Agent::Agent:pool-32-thread-1] [IdentificationStringParser] Server identification has bad line ending, was expecting a '\r\n' however got: '2' (hex: 32)2018-03-21 07:19:00,183 WARN [17-BAM::Default Agent::Agent:pool-32-thread-1] [IdentificationStringParser] Will treat the identification of this server 'SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.4p1 Debian-10+deb9u2' leniently

This error started getting after changing remote server without changing IP.

1 answer

0 votes
Anonymous Coward March 22, 2018

Simon says:

On your remote SSH server (the one that is the destination of the copy operation) configuration set the following option:

DebianBanner no

and restart the remote SSH server. This will transform the SSH banner to  SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.4p1.

On some other distribution you may have to use instead the option:

VersionAddendum none

in the SSH server configuration on the remote host.

Cheers, Simon out.

hkulekci March 22, 2018

Hello Simon, I tried both but not work for me. The result is the same.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2018

Do you get the same error when you execute the scp command from the terminal as the same user outside Bamboo?

If it didn't error out, you may use the script task instead of scp task where you can define your scp command.

hkulekci October 29, 2018

I used script instead of scp task. I guess scp task cache the ip addresses or ssh library of java cache the ip address. And the ip changed for same server. The scp task give this error interestingly.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Ah, good catch. Thanks for sharing it here :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events