I have setup Bamboo server over AWS EC2 instance using https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/running-bamboo-server-in-aws-858705568.html
Bamboo Server Setup
EC2 Instance Type t2.small
SSL Certificate is not installed as of yet
1. Server setup was all good
2. Bamboo UI was working via EC2 instance public link
3. Server SSH also working
4. Installed following extra components to the EC2 Instance
- Node 12 LTS
- AWS CLI
5. Once docker is installed need to give access to bamboo user for docker service else docker image will not be created via bamboo.
6. Was able to set up my desired plan with required jobs
- GIT code checkout via bitbucket repo
- Script Command (npm install, other direct command)
- Docker (running an image and performing some functionality as part of it)
7. The build was working fine for many days
Identify issue related to memory,i.e. after a few days memory is all used. So investigated it out and identify that my Docker Image was creating Volumes which where dandling and not in use any more.
So to fix it up and have removed all the dandling volumes and added another cleanup job as part of my bamboo plan to clean up docker dandling volumes.
After the above issue was fixed my Bamboo Server was working for a week or so and plan was processing successfully.
Everything was working fine and we feel good with Bamboo, so wanted to move to purchased licence, which we did. But just before changing it to the server our Bamboo Server started behaving strangely.
- Bamboo Server is not accessible via Public Link, just keep loading and server is not reachable
- SSH to the server was also not working
Not sure why its happening, would really appreciate if you could point out to potential issues so that i can try to fix it up.
- Inam Alam
Hi, If you are running self-managed environments and looking to adopt modern infrastructure, Bamboo Data Center can now be deployed in a Kubernetes cluster. By leveraging Kubernetes, you can easily...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events