Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving release variables via API

Brent March 6, 2019

Hello,

I'm having trouble locating the endpoint to retrieve the variables for a specific release.

I'm aware of this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Bamboo-REST-API-to-retrieve-plan-variables/qaq-p/522872

But that's on plan level and only shows the latest state of the variables. In the UI, there is also a way to see what the state of the variables were at that specific release.

I'm looking for this because I need to reconstruct some names based on those variables in an external tool for referencing in other places.

I'm trying https://developer.atlassian.com/server/bamboo/bamboo-rest-resources/#build-service-specific-build-result but I can't seem to get it to work.

1 answer

0 votes
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hi @Brent you chan check this anwer @link.

Let me know if usefull for you.

Cheers.

Omar H.

Brent Couck March 6, 2019

Thanks for the pointer! Unfortunately, I don't have the option of including an artifact of these variables for my builds. I suppose there's no other way? If not, I feel like that's quite a gap in the API.

I have a storage system that saves stuff based on a variable after every build for several plans. An external tool regularly cleans up this storage system and determines all the things to keep using the latest builds that can be retrieved via the API. Unfortunately I need the variable for each of those builds to be able to link to its relevant data in the storage system.

I investigated the option of using the plan's variable which IS retrievable and subtracting it for each build, but unfortunately it's not sequential. Some builds could not be released which would increment the variable but not put something in the storage system.

Like Omar Herrera likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events