Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements in yaml bamboo specs

Bartłomiej_Jakubiec March 20, 2020

Hi! I am trying to create a yaml bamboo specs which will be require Docker and linux OS. (But for now focus on Docker)
Unfortunatelly, each of my attempts failed. I know I should be able to use exist capabilities from agents, so maybe somebody can tell me how to create that requirement in *yml file.

File looks that:

project:
key: XXXYYY
plan:
key: XXYY
name: build image

stages:
- jobs:
- scripts:
- echo 'Build docker image'
- docker build -t x-t .
requirements:
- Docker

But it doesn't work. I've got an information that no agent can run my job becouse of that requirements. But I know that many of agents has docker installed.
Example screen from capabilities from one of agent:
docker_capabilities.PNG

Could somebody can tell me why I cannot to run that yaml file with requirements? Maybe that requirement value should be written in another way?
Except of docker I want to require linux OS, so if you can tell me how to do that too it will be great. 

Thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2020

Hi @Bartłomiej_Jakubiec,

Welcome to the Community!

I struggle with the Bamboo YAML syntax myself.  If you check out the documentation:

https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.9.0/specs.html?yaml#requirements

You will see how Atlassian is recommending you format the syntax for requirements, which looks as if it's different than you have defined above.  I'd recommend experimenting with the definition until you get something that works for you.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events