Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot login to Bamboo Still getting "You have entered an invalid username and password.

Deleted user October 24, 2018

After upgrading to Bamboo version 6.6.3. But one user has problem login to Bamboo. Only one user.

Gets this error message:

Re: Cannot login to Bamboo

Still getting "You have entered an invalid username and password. Please try again"

How can we solve this?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

Hi Ulrika,

As you say that only one user is experiencing credentials mismatch error, could it be that the user has actually entered a wrong password? You, as an admin, may reset the credentials of that user and try logging in and see if they can login. 

Cheers,
Jey

Deleted user October 31, 2018

Yes, it was due to wrong password or forbidden characters in password.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

Glad that you were able to figure it out.

Cheers

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Burke July 10, 2019

are spaces allowed in password?   I am experiencing the same error return.

Deleted user August 15, 2019

I don't think spaces are allowd in password.

Like Thomas Burke likes this
0 votes
simon.ogilvie@entrust.com May 24, 2021

We had this issue with a user who had a £ in their password.  Need to enable UTF-8 encoding in the JVM, or get the user to change their password!

0 votes
Md Aamir Khan December 4, 2019

Still getting "You have entered an invalid username and password. Please try again"

how to rest/recover that

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Hi @Md Aamir Khan,

Are you an administrator? If not, please contact your administrator that you see in <Bamboo-server-url>/viewAdministrators.action and request them to reset it on your behalf.

If you are an administrator and you are using Bamboo 6.6 and above, you might want to follow this link to recover your admin credentials.

You would basically need to add the "-Datlassian.recovery.password=yourtemporarypassword"  value to the JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS property in <Bamboo_installation_directory>/bin/setenv.sh and restart Bamboo.

You can then Log in to Bamboo using the recovery_admin username and the temporary password you have given above and alter your credentials of your original admin account.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events