Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue build multiple times in Bamboo

Bartlomiej Wachowski August 17, 2014

Hello,

I am facing an issue with queueing a build multiple times - Bamboo just does not want to queue builds. It happens in two scenarios:

Repository triggers the build when changes are commited + Stash post receive webhooks - suppose there are two commits, the first one triggers the build, the second happens when Bamboo is still building the previous commit. Then the second commit is not built.

Trigger by a parent plan + Maven Dependencies Processor - suppose there are two plans that trigger a child plan. The first parent plan finishes and triggers the child plan, the second parent plan finishes when the child plan is building due to the first parent. What happens is that the child plan is not built for the second time.

Is there any way to convince Bamboo to queue builds and build every trigger? I am using Bamboo 5.4.2 build 4208

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2014

I think you need to enable 'concurrent builds'.

You can do it in Administration -> Plans -> Concurrent builds. There you set the maximum number of builds triggered at the same time for a single plan.

You can override the global setting on per-plan basis in plan configuration, 'miscellaneous' tab.

Bartlomiej Wachowski August 17, 2014

But this means that the builds will run simultaneously on two agents. It will produce errors as the builds are using jgitflow plugin with automated merges to release maven artifacts. Is there any way to make them run in order of the triggers?

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2014

In Bamboo 5.6 you can limit build(s) to specific agent(s). It's not the optimum solution (it's specific agent rather than 'whichever is free but no more than one') but that's the best that is supported 'out-of-the-box'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events