Prevent triggering a plan for a delete commit

Manoj.Murali June 10, 2020

I have a bamboo plan associated with gitHub repository via repository polling trigger. Now I want not to trigger my plan when there is a commit with file delete on the repository. Is it possible? I can even set this up for remote triggering, but I couldn't find a way to accomplish this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Manoj.Murali

Yes. You may choose Exclude all changes that matches to the following pattern option under Include / exclude files option and add a File pattern (in the form of a regular expression) underneath in your respective linked repository under Change detection options section.

Cheers,
Jey

Manoj.Murali June 10, 2020

Thanks for the reply @Jeyanthan I .

I am not sure whether this will work for me. As, say for example, I have 3 files in my repo a.json

b.json 

c.json

and I deleted c.json OR b.json and pushed it. now, since there is a commit on to the repo my build plan will trigger the pipeline. I wan this to be avoided. By excluding the matching file pattern, I think we can't avoid trigger for the action on the file.

Do you see this differently?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events