Prevent Elastic Agent from Termination

Jeremy October 8, 2019

I have an on-prem bamboo server and single elastic bamboo agent in AWS. There have been a few occasions where the communication between the server and agent are interrupted, which results in the elastic agent getting terminated. Deploying a new agent isn't too big of a deal, but there is a bit of configuration that we apply to the instance after it is deployed. Is it possible to increase the timeout between elastic agent and server to prevent the agent from getting terminated? Is there a better way to address the problem? The Automatic instance management feature is currently Disabled.

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Update your Elastic management to custom. You can then update Idle agent delay time as you wish. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 1.01.11 PM.png

Jeremy October 8, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try. Is 10mins the default value used when Automatic instance management is Disabled? 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

10 is the default

Jeremy October 8, 2019

Thanks for your help, jira guy!

While I'm waiting to see if the change worked, can you help me understand why the instance is being terminated to begin with? The config for Automatic Termination shows EC2 instances will not be automatically terminated. Under Automatic elastic instance management, it says EC2 instances must be manually created and terminated as needed. So why does mine disappear? 

eb.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events