Plan bamboo.build.working.directory showing old directory after export/import

Carlos Pereyra August 29, 2018

I have a current bamboo instance on 5.12.3.1.  I exported all my data from the instance, installed a new instance on 5.14.5 and then imported the exported data.  I then updated to the latest version of bamboo.  So I currently have my original 5.12.3.1 instance in one folder and my new instance with the latest version.  When trying to build a plan that builds successfully in the original instance, I run into an error where bamboo.build.working.directory environment variable is using the home path of the original instance.  My original instance was located in C:\BuildServer my new instance is located at C:\BuildServer 2018.  Once of my steps uses an environment variable that looks like this "Mobile=${bamboo.build.working.directory}\" this is used in the postbuild step for MSBuild.  However, when that step runs instead of bamboo.build.working.directory being C:\BuildServer 2018\***** it is C:\BuildServer\*****  The only thing I can think of is that it kept information from the import and is using the old environment parameter.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hi Carlos,

Could you please open the C:\BuildServer 2018\bamboo.cfg.xml file and double check if the following parameter is set using the ${bambooHome} variable?

<property name="buildWorkingDir">${bambooHome}/xml-data/build-dir</property>

Not only this one but all other paths should be set using this variable.

Here is my config file for you to compare:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application-configuration>
<setupStep>complete</setupStep>
<setupType>custom</setupType>
<buildNumber>60509</buildNumber>
<properties>
<property name="bamboo.artifacts.directory">${bambooHome}/artifacts</property>
<property name="bamboo.config.directory">${bambooHome}/xml-data/configuration</property>
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri">failover:(tcp://bamboo:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=10</property>
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.uri">nio://0.0.0.0:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000</property>
<property name="bamboo.project.directory">${bambooHome}/xml-data/builds</property>
<property name="bamboo.repository.logs.directory">${bambooHome}/xml-data/repository-specs</property>
<property name="buildWorkingDir">${bambooHome}/xml-data/build-dir</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.acquire_increment">3</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period">30</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">100</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_statements">0</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.min_size">3</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.timeout">120</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.password">PASSWORD</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://postgres:5432/bamboo</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username">bamboo</property>
<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQL82Dialect</property>
<property name="hibernate.setup">true</property>
<property name="license.string">license String - Sanitized</property>
<property name="lucene.index.dir">${bambooHome}/index</property>
<property name="serverId">0000-0000-0000-000</property>
<property name="serverKey">366</property>
<property name="webwork.multipart.saveDir">${bambooHome}/temp</property>
</properties>
</application-configuration>

thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders