I don't think there is, but figured I would ask...

Is there a way to specify that a particular plan has build/agent priorities over another plan? For instance, if I had a "testing" plan that could be launched by our engineers to compile and test their product at any time. This potentially could be queued for awhile. But if I had a "Product Release" that was kicked off, potentially i would want it to have a higher priority over the other "non-important" builds that could be occupying our agents. Ideally it would be next in line to use whatever agents it needed in order to complete it's build.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

You can't do it automatically, but Bamboo has manual queue sorting capabilities (you can manually reproritise build in queue via drag and drop).

If you want to, you could write a plugin that moves your builds around in a queue using methods of BuildQueueManager class. I wouldn't be surprised if the feature you're asking about appeared in one of the next Bamboo releases. We already had internal mini-projects that focused on smarter build queue management.

Is this an old feature that has been removed? I'm running Bamboo 4.4.1 and I can't see how drag items in the queue on the Dashboard Current Activity Page.

18 months later, are we any closer to see smarter queue management? Not yet in 4.4.4 for all I can tell...

No, it's not in yet.

You could examine what URL is being used when you drag-n-drop builds in the queue with Firebug. The URL is something like this:

• http://your.bamboo.server/build/admin/ajax/reorderBuild.action with a few arguments. Combine that with the Queue REST service and you could build a little priorirty script that can run as a cron job. However, the reorderBuild.action is not part of the official, public Bamboo API so it is subject to change between versions so use it at your own risk.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,819 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you