Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission denied (publickey) when running git from PowerShell task in a scheduled deployment

chrispsweeney November 16, 2018

I have a deployment project setup to deploy some code to a web server. When the deployment completes, I run a PowerShell script task that does the following:

* Clones the repository onto the build server (we're running Bitbucket server internally).

* Tags the commit.

* Pushes the tags.

If I run this task by running the deployment project manually everything works. However, if I run the task on a schedule I get:

"Permission denied (public key)" on the clone step.

The private key is on the build server and the public key is setup in Bitbucket. What could I be missing here? Is there a difference between how Bamboo runs a deployment on a schedule versus being kicked off manually?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
chrispsweeney November 16, 2018

Right as I posted this I realized the problem. I have a remote agent setup that I forgot about. The agent without the private key setup is always running the scheduled deployments for some reason and the local agents are always running the manual deployment.

All I have to do is either add a required capability to the environment, setup a private key on the other agent or setup the dedicated agents on the environment. 

Maybe this will help someone who runs into a similar issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events