Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PKIX path building failed

max April 5, 2019

Hi,

i have imported my custom certificate with intermediate certificate into my truststore which is set by: -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/var/lib/bamboo/cacerts

and:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/bin/java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/var/lib/bamboo/cacerts SSLPoke <mailserver.domain> 443
Successfully connected

but i still get this error when the server should be sending mails:

The mail settings you entered were not valid. Error thrown was: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS; nested exception is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
max April 9, 2019

Ok, 

i've figured it out, there was a different certificate for the Port 25 then Port 443. So adding this to the truststore did the trick.

Additionally i needed an receiving connector (the server being exchange), because bamboo didn't seem to support ntlm auth.

Thanks for your feedback!

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

I'm glad you could find out the solution yourself =]

Thank you for coming back to share it with others.
See you in the next thread!

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2019

Hello @max

• Can you confirm this configuration is failing for Bamboo?
  • If yes, can you try using the JNDI configuration as configured for Google in this document: Configuring Bamboo to send SMTP Email.

Some mail servers have their own specifications that may cause this configuration to be tricky.

If you want to double check your configuration prior to follow my suggestion, please make sure that Bamboo is using the exact same Java implementation and trust store. It might be the case that other Java implementation is being used therefore causing this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events