Not able to run more builds.

Server : Aws linux instance with m3.large with 7.5 GB

Error Log:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x0000000747660000, 2023358464, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 2023358464 bytes for committing reserved memory.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /media/build_server/software/bamboo/Bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/GT-AMITESTDEVCI-S2JOB1/hs_err_pid32425.log
Failing task since return code of [/media/build_server/software/maven/apache-maven-3.2.5/bin/mvn --batch-mode -Djava.io.tmpdir=/media/build_server/software/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.0.3/temp/GT-AMITESTDEVCI-S2JOB1 clean install -Dgit.branch=0.3.651 -Denv=amitest] was 1 while expected 0
Parsing test results under /media/build_server/software/bamboo/Bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/GT-AMITESTDEVCI-S2JOB1...
Finished task 'Build code' with result: Failed

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Owen Atlassian Team Oct 17, 2017

Looks like there's not enough available memory on the build server for Maven to allocate 2GB for it's JVM. 

Here's a few options:

• Increase the amount of memory available on the build server
  • Reduce the memory footprint of other processes on the system so there's more overhead
  • Reduce the amount of memory allocated to Maven via the MAVEN_OPTS environment variable. e.g.
    • MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx1024m"
      • Xms = Initial memory allocation
      • Xmx = Maximum memory allocation

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,448 views 20 13
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you