Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up a secondary "slave" bamboo build server

Myke July 15, 2020

Hello,

Currently my company has a bamboo build server setup on a 2013 Mac Pro to build Unity mobile game titles for iOS and Android. What I'd like to do is make a secondary "slave" build server on a Windows based PC so that the main mac build server focuses on iOS builds and the slave one can focus on android builds. How would I go about doing this? I'm sure there is documentation on the site somewhere, but I just am not sure what I should be looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

With a "slave" I suppose you mean a build agent and not a full Bamboo application server?

Normally you have only 1 Bamboo application with several agents. The agents can be local or remote. Local agents run on the same server as Bamboo while remote agents run on another machine.

You can install as many "remote agents" as your Bamboo license allows you to. The operating system of the bamboo agent does not matter.
Here is the documentation about installing remote agents: Bamboo remote agent installation guide

In order to define which builds will run on your Mac and which ones on your Windows agent you can use build capabilities.

Myke July 15, 2020

Yes! Remote agents, that's what I was trying to say. This is the info I'm looking for. Thank you so much :)

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

you're welcome and good luck!

Like Myke likes this
Myke July 15, 2020

figured it out :p

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events