Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need help setting up a secondary "slave" bamboo build server

Hello,

Currently my company has a bamboo build server setup on a 2013 Mac Pro to build Unity mobile game titles for iOS and Android. What I'd like to do is make a secondary "slave" build server on a Windows based PC so that the main mac build server focuses on iOS builds and the slave one can focus on android builds. How would I go about doing this? I'm sure there is documentation on the site somewhere, but I just am not sure what I should be looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jul 15, 2020

With a "slave" I suppose you mean a build agent and not a full Bamboo application server?

Normally you have only 1 Bamboo application with several agents. The agents can be local or remote. Local agents run on the same server as Bamboo while remote agents run on another machine.

You can install as many "remote agents" as your Bamboo license allows you to. The operating system of the bamboo agent does not matter.
Here is the documentation about installing remote agents: Bamboo remote agent installation guide

In order to define which builds will run on your Mac and which ones on your Windows agent you can use build capabilities.

Yes! Remote agents, that's what I was trying to say. This is the info I'm looking for. Thank you so much :)

Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jul 15, 2020

you're welcome and good luck!

Like Myke likes this

figured it out :p

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center is here!

G’day Bamboo customers, The wait is over! Bamboo Data Center edition you have been asking for is finally here! This self-managed enterprise offering of Bamboo has the resilience, reliability, and s...

543 views 1 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you