Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with API to Programmatically Map Projects/Plans to Users or Groups in Bamboo

Arun Sankar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

Hello Atlassian Community,

I am developing a web application that integrates with Bamboo, where we need to programmatically determine which projects and plans a specific user has access to. We're currently displaying a list of projects and plans for the logged-in user, but this is managed manually, and we're looking to automate this process.

Requirements:
Automate the retrieval of projects and plans a specific user or group has access to in Bamboo.
Ensure that the solution scales as the number of users and projects/plans grows.
Current Setup:
Our web app currently displays a list of projects and plans. This is based on manual configurations and lacks the desired automation for scaling.
We have explored the Bamboo REST API but found no direct way to fetch or manage user-specific access to projects and plans.

Specific Questions:
Is there an existing API or method within Bamboo that allows fetching projects and plans accessible by a specific user or group?
Has anyone implemented a custom solution or workaround—such as a plugin or script—that integrates with Bamboo to manage such permissions programmatically?
Are there third-party tools or integrations that can facilitate this automation by interfacing directly with Bamboo or its database?

Considerations:
We are open to developing a custom plugin using the Atlassian SDK if that is the recommended approach.
Any advice on handling potential security implications when exposing user-specific data would also be appreciated.

I appreciate any guidance or references you can provide to help us automate this crucial aspect of our application. Looking forward to your suggestions and any shared experiences with similar challenges!

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anik Sengupta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2024

Hi Arun,

Welcome to Atlassian Community !

As per your requirement , may be you can refer the below Knowledge base which has the list of SQL queries whichh will give you the mappings for Build Projects and Plans, Deployment Plans, Deployment Environments and Global Permissions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/how-to-retrieve-user-and-group-access-mappings-permissions-from-the-bamboo-database-859516551.html

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist – we'd be happy to help.

Regards,
Anik Sengupta

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Arun Sankar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

Thanks @Anik Sengupta 
Is there any other alternate solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events