Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing build numbers for multiple jobs of same stage

Video Guy January 17, 2023

Hi

We have large code base that gets built in Bamboo. We typically make multiple builds: one for debug configuration and another for release configuration. After a build passes verification, it gets deployed to artifactory under a directory with build number (something like newyork/beta/3.2.5.1546 where 1546 is build number and newyork/beta is release code name).

Currently we have one job (in one stage) that makes a build for say debug configuration. Then we change a flag and start new build to make build for release configuration.

We are looking for ways to make both release and debug builds in one attempt. We can clone current job in the same stage. First job builds debug and 2nd one for release. The jobs can run in parallel which is great.

The challenge is how do I derive unique build numbers so that debug build can to its own folder on artifactory and release build of its own.

Lets say Bamboo environment gives me buildnumber is 10. Lets say I assign 10 to debug build and 11 for release build. Next time the plan runs, Bamboo will give me 11 instead of 12. 

We don't want to use same build number for both Debug and Release.

I appreciate recommendations for an elegant solution.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events