Looking for a thorough explanation of Bamboo's automatic Maven dependency management feature Edited

I've found the documentation, here: 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/setting-up-plan-build-dependencies-289276887.html

I am hoping to understand exactly what criteria are used to decide when to add or remove build plan dependencies.

I have many instances of build plans where my understanding of the system indicates that there should be a dependency, but there is none listed on the Dependencies tab in the plan config, and many instances of build plans where my understanding indicates there should be no dependency, but one exists. Furthermore, sometimes a build is triggered as a result of another build as if a dependency were present, but none is.

We have dozens of shared libraries, many of which have dependencies on other libraries, and dozens of services using these libraries. All of these are built with Bamboo and Maven 3. All have the Dependency Check task configured and the checkbox checked as described in the documentation.

As noted in the subject, I'm looking for a thorough explanation. But I also have some specific questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that the dependencies which are badged "GENERATED" and are not manually deletable are the ones created by this functionality?
  2. Is the "Maven Dependencies Processor" task execution the event at which dependencies are updated? Does it produce any output in the build log such that I could see this happening?
  3. Does the processor account for version numbers? (Evidence suggests it does not)
  4. Does behavior differ for snapshots vs releases? (Evidence suggests it does)

If it makes a difference, we are using the locally hosted variety of Bamboo. We're currently on version 5.13.2 and are actively investigating an upgrade to 6.x.

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

11 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you