Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP configuration gives PKIX error

Mark Wolff April 20, 2023

I work for research center and we have Bamboo on an air-gapped, off the internet, network.  We used self-signed certificates and always have warnings when going to the Bamboo home page.  We now have our own CA and those warnings are gone when going to the Bamboo home page.  But now, when trying to configure a connection to LDAP for authentication, I get an PKIX error. 

More about the environment:  The system admin put the root CA on the Bamboo server and the other necessary things.  He gave me the new certs, which I put in to the Bamboo user's ".keystore" file, which took care of the warnings I mentioned.  But I still can't get LDAP to work.  Any suggestions on what I missed?

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Wolff April 27, 2023

We would keep the cert in the lib/security directory.  When we get a new java, we lose the cert.  You were close.  It was the LDAP cert itself that was missing.

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Did you import your root CA's certificate in the java truststore? (the cacerts file).

The cacerts file contains lots of certificates by default from public CA companies but not your own company CA of course.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events