JAVA_HOME set to /usr/lib/jvm/default-java

john April 10, 2020

I've just spun up bamboo on an Ubuntu VM & I'm taking my first steps with the product.

I'm trying to run a simple script which prints groovy --version and / or echo $JAVA_HOME

The echo statement is empty and groovy --version results in:

groovy: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly, can not execute: /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java

When I  run ${bamboo_capability_system_jdk_JDK}/java -version it works.

When I run echo $JAVA_HOME on an SSH connection, I get /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/`. java --version also works in a terminal.

My /etc/environment file looks like this.

PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/"
JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/"

I also have a global JDK set and can see that in the plan execution log:

bamboo_capability_system_jdk_JDK=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/

Why is Bamboo unable to see the JAVA_HOME setting?

1 answer

0 votes
Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hi,

I assume you are using the script task in Bamboo for your script: Bamboo Script task

It is possible to add environment variables in this script task but I do recommend that you use Bamboo capabilities and executables and Bamboo variables when you are defining your tasks. I will make sense to you very quickly. It is very flexible and dynamic.

Hope this will help you get further.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events