Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a call to the bamboo api from a plan?

Esteban Colcombet November 16, 2021

I would like to know if it is possible to call the Bamboo api from a task (for example, Script type), the important thing is that it can be called with the credentials of the user who is logged into bamboo.

Is there a variable with the credentials of the user who is logged into bamboo?

or is it necessary to use plan level variables with credentials to do this?

1 answer

1 vote
Vitalii C_ November 16, 2021

Hi, yep.

There's no problem with it.

Refer to this to learn more about api.

I call it from PowerShell scripts with invoke-webRequest under service accounts creds. I don't know, unfortunately, about any way to extract user's creds from the runtime. However, our deployment is old enough - check latest  releases documentation of the Bamboo.

Don't forget to prepare credentials correctly if you will be using PowerShell.

Important: don't forget to append a call with "?os_authType=basic" or you requests will fail.

Example:

$url = "https://bamboo.someprovider.com/rest/api/latest/result/$projectKey-$buildKey-" + "$buildNo" + "?os_authType=basic&expand=artifacts"

I don't like idea to use Bamboo secret variables to store passwords and as I remember it was causing issues when I was preparing creds for PowerShell requests. I'm using Windows Credentials Manager to store service account credentials instead of Bamboo offering (creds update will occur with standard automation from the IT/security side and I will invoke them securely to the script).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events