Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have successfully installed Bamboo CICD server but while starting the server for the first time it

Greeshma Pulinkuzhy Balan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2018

I have successfully installed Bamboo CICD server but while starting the server for the first time itself I am getting an error which says "The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly This environment variable is needed to run this program" I have already set up JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME and CATALINA_HOME. Also tried all the answers I got from online forums including the Atlassian help forums. Really stuck with this issue. someone who has done this before please help me. Thanks

devops bamboo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2018

Hi Greeshma,

It is not necessary to set this variable manually, as it is initialized by the startup scripts automatically. Did you follow the installation instruction correctly and run bin\start-bamboo.bat to start the service?

If you do want to set it though it should be the same as the <Bamboo install directory> For eg: C:\Program Files\Bamboo

Do the following.

1. Stop Bamboo.
  2. Update the variable definition for CATALINA_HOME to the correct value.
  3. Verify that you have completed the steps mentioned on the installation instruction above. Make sure you use JAVA_HOME as the environment variable name (case sensitive).
  4. Start Bamboo.
  5. If Bamboo fails to start still, you may find chore from <Bamboo home directory>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events