Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the Bamboo BAMBOO-SSH-PROXY: after moving your Bitbucket instance

Josh Cormier February 27, 2019

Before all this started Bamboo was configured correctly and working.

Our Bitbucket instance has been moved to a different server with a DNS entry and IP address.

I have re-linked the repositories  but when I try to build I get and error and see the following line in the log file, still referencing the old Bitbucket address. Is there something I missed modifying in Bamboo that needs to be updated to reflect this new address?

BAMBOO-SSH-PROXY: [SSH proxy tried to connect to [git@bitbucket.etchdev.mydomain.net/167.191.52.70:7999]: and failed due to the following error: [Error while opening SSH session]: org.apache.sshd.common.RuntimeSshException: Failed to get the session.]
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

git@bitbucket.etchdev.mydomain.net/167.191.52.70:7999  should read 10.115.235.23:7999

Is the BAMBOO-SSH_PROXY info stored in a file on the Bamboo server?

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Is Bitbucket Server using the hostname "bitbucket.etchdev.mydomain.net"?

If the hostname have been changed, is the Base URL or SSH Base URL updated at Bitbucket Server Administration > Settings > Server settings ? After updating this setting, all the Bitbucket Server repositories in Bamboo have to be re-saved again.

Josh Cormier March 6, 2019

Thanks, yes the Host name was changed to be correct and I re-saved the repos. That did not work.

What solved the issue was manually removing the cache folder and restarting Bamboo.

Like Foong likes this
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019
ondrej_lerch July 22, 2021

@Josh Cormier Which cache folder exactly did you delete? Did you restart Bamboo Server or Bamboo Agent? We are strugling with the same issue. Thanks for your feedback.

ondrej_lerch July 23, 2021

Finally we solved the problem too. What helped us was to specify SSH base URL, not leaving it empty, then to re-save the repos in Bamboo GUI and delete git repository caches on Bamboo Agents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events