How to run a plan after two different plans are built successfully?

sintoanto April 3, 2018

I have three different plans namely A,B and C

A - runs on Agent a 

B - runs on Agent b

C - runs on Agent a

I want plan C to run only when A and B are successful. How will I do it?

3 answers

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi Sino,

This is definitely possible with the help of Dependency blocking strategy This ensures that a "tree" of dependent builds always runs in tree hierarchy order, even if child plan builds are triggered independently of their parents. 

All you need to do is to set Plan A and Plan B as a parent of Plan C and enable Block build if parent builds are queued or in progress under Plan C's Configure plan -> Dependency blocking strategy . This way, the child plan gets executed only upon successful execution of the parent plan. The Plan C will not be executed if one of the parent plans have a failed build.

Hope that helps!

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Right, it sounds the right way

All we need is to set Plan C as child plan for Plan A and for plan B

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/setting-up-plan-build-dependencies-289276887.html

0 votes
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2018

@sintoanto as far as i know, you can only trigger one plan

Let 's say plan A runs finish, it can trigger plan B as a child plan (you can define this in Dependency tab)

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2018

Hi Sino,

Thanks for your question!

I don't think that's functionally possible to achieve in Bamboo unless you want to script it somehow.

Thanks,

Robhit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events