Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly set branch plan trigger for Pull Request?

Luiz Saggioro September 19, 2018

I have a Project on Bamboo, let's call it A. Within A, I have 2 Build plans:

• Master Build Plan
  • PR Build Plan

Both build plans have the same repository and with master branch being the default branch.

Master Build Plan plan branch option is set to Manually so it never creates other branch plans and the trigger is set to repository change.

PR Build Plan plan branch option is set to 'When pull request is created', so it only create branches related to PRs.

If on PR Build Plan, I disable the repository trigger, if I update my PR, it doesn't trigger a new build. If I enable it, it triggers when PR is updated but after merging the PR into master branch, PR Build Plan runs on the master branch, that is the default branch of the repository, which is not desirable.

Is there a way to keep the PR Build Plan triggering when the PR is updated without running for master branch when master gets updated?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hey Luiz,

Try disabling the "master" of your PR Build Plan from Plan Configuration >> Actions >> Disable Plan.

Branch / Pull Request detection and triggering still works even if the master plan configuration is disabled, but master won't trigger. :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeremy

luizfzs October 2, 2018

Thank you.

This option should be set by default when 'create plan branch' is set to 'When pull request is created', though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events