Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate Bamboo local agents to Ephemereal Agents with AWS ECS

Alejandro Carretero Trejo September 11, 2024

Good morning, 

In our company, we are planning to upgrade our current version of Bamboo Data Center from 9.4.2 to 9.6.5 LTS in order to solve a recent vulnerability reported in your monthly Security Bulletins.

However, we have an important trouble with that, because we are currently working in our instance with several Local Agents that are going to be unable from 9.6x versions. 

Due to this problem, we have analyzed the best workaround for us and we have decided to migrate from Local Agents to Ephemereal Agents for budget reasons.

We have several questions about Ephemereal Agents that we want to know:

1 - ¿It is possible to use a current AWS ECS engine in our AWS account as a Kubernetes cluster in where Ephemereal Agents and pods could be mount?

2 - ¿How much will it cost to have two or three Ephemeral Agents working on and enable for concurrency purposes? ¿It is necessary to increase our currently license (1 remote agent license)?

3 - In a scenario where currently we have three Local Agents working and we need to migrate to a similar scenario with Ephemereal or Elastic Agents, ¿which one of the two options will be the cheaper without increase our 1 Remote Agente License?

We are looking forward to your help. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Yevhen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2024

@Alejandro Carretero Trejo while I can't answer your licensing questions, I can answer your ephemeral agents questions. Ephemeral agents are deployed to a Kubernetes cluster. AWS ECS is not a Kubernetes engine. Perhaps you mean AWS EKS?

Hi @Yevhen

Yes, I meant AWS EKS. We have an AWS EKS already configured in our AWS account where the Bamboo EC2 instance is deployed with the Bamboo Data Center installation

Yevhen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2024

Ephemeral agents work just fine on EKS (in fact, they are vendor/cloud agnostic and will work on any K8S cluster really)

Thanks @Yevhen 

Do you have any documentation of how to start building templates and pods through  EKS with Bamboo Ephemereal Agents? Any example configuration that can works fine?

Yevhen
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2024

I don't think I can share more than what's in official docs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/ephemeral-agents-1236444139.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events