Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit the fields in Bamboo REST response

Arpan Mehetre February 13, 2019

I am trying to retrieve some fields from Bamboo REST response. I wan't to be able limit the number of returned fields. 

Previously while using Jira REST API I was able to do this using "fields" parameter. But not able to find how this can be done in Bamboo.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2019

I'm not 100% positive, but I think you cannot further limit the result shapes returned by default - that being said, the Bamboo REST API does use a similar mechanism conceptually, albeit only to further expand the default shapes with potentially significant additional details for the returned collections, see How to use expansion in the REST APIs:

In order to be minimise network traffic from the client perspective, our API uses a technique called expansion.

You can use the 'expand' query parameter to specify a comma-separated list of entities that you want expanded, identifying each entity by a given identifier. For example, the value "changes,stages.stage.results.result" requests the expansion of entities for which the expand identifier is "change" and "stages".

[...]

The phrasing seems to indicate that the default shapes are considered minimized already, and at least compared to what can be returned in principle that's kind of true ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events