Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep Bamboo agent always online?

Wayne Chen March 24, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Locating important directories and files

Hi there,

I am new to Bamboo cloud. And I just setup the remote agent in my build server. Somehow, I found it will automatically go offline aound 15 minutes. Did I miss anything or do anything wrong? My question is...

1. Is that normal for the agent goes offline automatically? How can I fix it?
  2. Is there any way to restart it? Now I just use the installation command line everytime to restart it.

Thanks.

Regards,

wayne651x

3 answers

1 vote
Wayne_MG April 10, 2016

Thank you guys. I just figured out the problem by myself. Actually, what I need to do is just execute the command line "bamboo-agent-home/bin/bamboo-agent.sh start" to start the bamboo background process. Otherwise, the process will be stopped automatically if it is auto started by the installation.

Hope this also can helps others new to Bamboo. smile

neha.chauhan April 2, 2019

Hi Wayne,

I am facing the same issue where the bamboo remote agent goes offline after a specific interval resulting into job failures.

However, in my case, when I stop the services of 'Bamboo Remote Agent' from backend (services.msc), it is activated for a long time (during my working hours) and then it goes offline in my off time.

Could you please help with the steps to keep the remote agent always active?

Any help would be appreciated, I am so stuck right now.

Regards,

Neha

nagabalajiv January 13, 2020

Hi neha, 

The same solution which I am also keep tracking. Did you find the solution now?

0 votes
Luke Peterson [finder.com.au] April 7, 2016

Are you using your own remote agent or an Elastic Bamboo agent?   If it's the latter, then it sounds like expected behavior as the default timeout for idle Elastic Bamboo EC2 instances is set at 10 minutes.   This can be modified in the Elastic Bamboo configuration screen under Automatic elastic instance management.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2016

What do you see in the agent logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events