It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get bamboo revision # to change on a build for a plan

We have a bamboo plan using a git repository -- The plan is configured to check out master by default.

During the plan, it merges another branch into master, updates the version and commits a new tag.  This makes new commits into master.

What I'd like is the plan summary page once it is complete, to reference this new git commit #. 

However, regardless of what I try, it only ever references what initially triggered the plan.  Because of this, the list of commits and linked jira issues all reference the old version on master instead of the new version that was just created/merged.  So for example if this is created releases (release 1, release 2, release 3, etc) then the summary page for the release 2 build, contains all the info for release 1 (because it points to the release 1 git revision #), and once release 3 is done, then that page points to release 2, etc.

I've tried making a second child plan that is triggered at the end, but this child plan carries over and checks out the previous revision too and will not update to the latest.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Carreon Atlassian Team May 03, 2018

Hi Chris,

The revision numbers are generated on the initial pull at the start of the Plan. This means that changing the revision number is not currently possible with the way Bamboo functions.

Regards,

Bill

Is there any suggestion on how to do this?  I imagine multiple people in the community do merges as part of their build plan and want the build pages to indicate the actual set of changes based on the commits after that merge.

Since child plans inherent the revision number from the parent -- I was unable to split it into two plans to get the information correct.  Is there some other way to achieve this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

659 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you