Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Notifications for only a specific Branch in Multi-Branch Plans

Tim Kopplow April 4, 2023

Howdy 👋🏼

I have couple Multi-Branch Builds with quite some branches in them. I now want to enable Notifications but only for Master for example. I don't need to know every failed feature branch a dev is working on.

According to this thread, this works when using Bamboo Specs instead of the WebUI to define a plan: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/How-to-disable-notifications-for-spec-branch-builds-while/qaq-p/1499030

Unfortunately we're not using Specs atm and would need this functionality with the webui. 

I could probably create a separate Plan, but that's not ideal.

I appreciate any advice on this!

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Tim Kopplow

From Bamboo 7.0, you can specify if a Plan branch will send notifications. Simply go to the Plan branch configuration, "Notifications" tab and choose "Notifications should not be sent for this branch".

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Tim Kopplow April 5, 2023

This is an answer but we've linked Repo's from Bitbucket and there're a lot of plan branches our team is working on.

There're also many branches getting created each day/week. I really don't want to manually disable this setting for each new plan branch by hand. 

Maybe there's a way to change the default notification behavior of plan branches? 

Like Sebastian Schwarze likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events