How to configure bamboo artifact download for a specific version in deployment job

Sumit Kumar Gaur May 17, 2019

Hi 

I have 2 build jobs, 1 for config build and create artifact another have application build and artifact creation.

During deployment phase I want to select the version of different config builds and keeping the application build same. 

How can I am achieve this. Keep code same and deploying various config is something very generic scenario, does bamboo not supporting this or there is another way to solve this. 

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Sumit Kumar Gaur,

Let me repeat your description with my own words to check if I understood you correctly.
You have one build plan with two jobs:

• Config + artifact
  • Application + artifact

When building this plan you will possibly have different artifacts for each of those jobs.
You have a deployment project associated with this plan which should:

1. Deploy each artifact from config job
  2. Deploy an application job artifact from a specific build repeatedly

If I got your right, this is my response:

Bamboo does not have an out-of-the-box task to download artifacts from a specific build into a deployment or build plan, but you could use REST API to download any artifact you want using a script task. For more details on how to achieve this, please check this the answer in this thread: Dowload Plan Artifacts - Atlassian Community.

Please let me know if I correctly understood your problem. If not, please help me to get on track.

Sumit Kumar Gaur June 2, 2019

Thanks @Daniel Santos  for clarification . I was looking for a plugin or similiar where I can select a artifact version to download in task . Anyway looks like it is not there and I have to use curl to download specific version . 

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2019

You are welcome @Sumit Kumar Gaur
Yes, that is the option I see. You will need to use something like curl to download the specific version you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events