Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure LDAP in Bamboo admin page

Hozen Shi August 5, 2019

I prefer to have a page like what I did in BitBucket -> User Directory -> Add Directory. 

But for Bamboo it seems I need to configure this LDAP setup from command line, and the content in that configuration XML file is lots different from BitBucket settings. Is there any solution to fix it, or should I upgrade to a higher version (current it is 6.5.0)? Because I saw somewhere in Confluence shows that Bamboo indeed have a LDAP configuration web page.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2019

Web page for LDAP configuration similar to Bitbucket Server is added at Bamboo 6.6.0. Upgrade is required to use this new feature

Hozen Shi August 13, 2019

Alright, now I have upgraded the Bamboo to 6.9.2.

I also have a Bitbucket server using LDAP function, now I would like to copy that settings to Bamboo. But it seems there is no way to view Bitbucket LDAP setting from web page, would you please address me how to view the settings without interrupting normal Bitbucket instance? From command line?

Thank you very much!

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Go to BAMBOO_URL/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/directories/list

Hozen Shi August 14, 2019

Thank you, Alexey

But what I am looking for is the location of Bitbucket LDAP configuration file, not Bamboo. :)

I want to copy that configuration into Bamboo's.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2019

Same, BITBUCKET_SERVER_URL/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/directories/list

Hozen Shi August 14, 2019

It looks like I don't have such folder:

bamboo@ewqshard03:/opt/atlassian$ tree bitbucket/plugins/
bitbucket/plugins/

0 directories, 0 files

In Bitbucket, I use "Active Directory Server" to manage account, not "crowd". And the version of Bitbucket I use is: v4.10.1

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

It's not folder in Bitbucket install dir, but path provided by plugin.

I don't know if Bitbucket Server 4.10.1 has Embedded Crowd plugin which modern versions of Atlassian tools use for user management. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events