Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Build expiry with YAML Specs

Peter Wurzinger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2020

As the title says, we are desperately looking for a way to configure the retention policy for a build through YAML Specs.

The build itself works fine, but we cannot fine any information on how to configure the build expiry. Docs in this regard is extremely sparse:

"Miscellaneous plugins are used for various additional functionalities for plans and jobs like Build expiry [...] You can configure these plugins from the Other tab in the web interface." - which you cannot, if you are using Specs. The documentation is simply wrong.
"Some miscellaneous plugins work only on the job level while other work only on the plan level. When you choose a plugin, make sure you’re configuring it on the right level.
In case a plugin doesn’t have a dedicated builder, you can use AllOtherPluginsConfiguration to provide configuration for such plugins as a workaround. Refer to plugin documentation to obtain a list of valid keys. Note that keys imported with AllOtherPluginsConfiguration are not validated."

The only example provided is:

Build binaries:
  other:
    clean-working-dir: true

The corresponding Java-Specs (for which the docs contain an example for build expiry...) would suggest the following structure:

AllOtherPluginsConfiguration:
  configuration:
    custom:
      buildExpiryConfig:
        duration: 1
        period: days

That only leads to:

Bamboo YAML import failed: Document structure is incorrect: Found following unused properties: plan / AllOtherPluginsConfiguration

or

Bamboo YAML import failed: Document structure is incorrect: Found following unused properties: AllOtherPluginsConfiguration

3 answers

1 vote
Thomas Haines
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2020

I don't think it's possible yet.  The hint is when you set build expiry, then export as yaml, the diff is this comment:

other:

# Some plugin configurations are not supported by YAML Specs

1 vote
Paul Carey September 15, 2020

would be great to get an answer to this one

0 votes
jvelapol February 4, 2022

Welp, looks like if you're running 8.1.x, then you're in good shape.  This is a new feature on Bamboo 8.1.x, though, as it doesn't exist on 8.0.x.  It's even called out (sort of) in the release notes:

Improved feature parity between Java and YAML Bamboo Specs

We’ve added more features to the plan and deployments configuration with YAML Specs: other plugins, trigger repositories and trigger conditions, artifact handlers and plan dependencies.

Which is encouraging.  In fact, looking at the latest YAML specs docs, looks like the following is a "thing":

version: 2
#...
other:
concurrent-build-plugin: 5
all-other-apps:
custom:
artifactHandlers:
useCustomArtifactHandlers: false
buildExpiryConfig:
duration: 5
enabled: true
expiryTypeResult: true