Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change configuration using branches in yaml specs

Valerii July 11, 2022

Hi Team,

I want to change some parameters in my bamboo plan using branches.

For example:

I want to create Bamboo plan with different branches and each branch should have different job or task.

Is it possible to override some parameters using one yaml file configuration?

1 answer

0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2022

Hello @Valerii , Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If you are using Bitbucket Server along with Bamboo, you can benefit from Enhanced Plan Branches:

Cheers,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC 

Valerii July 12, 2022

Hi Eduardo Alvarenga,

Thank you for your response. So is it necessary to have new branch on git for new configuration BP?

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2022

Hello @Valerii

Yes. Enhanced plan branches are linked to your Bitbucket repository branches.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use Git branches, you can have:

• A single Bitbucket repository with your Bamboo specs code that will contain all your individual, independent Plans and their individual settings. Once Bamboo scans that repository, it will take action and apply the changes to every Plan it has a reference. Then, it is just a matter of creating multiple Plans and referencing your common code repository as a secondary repository for the code checkout tasks
  • Multiple Bitbucket repositories with individual Bamboo specs code that will only contain the details for that specific plan. Each Java Specs or YAML Specs code will need to be put on a different repository. Your common code repository can be added as a second repository to each Plan and be used for the different tasks

Choosing the best strategy will vary according to your development teams and if they agree to share or if they prefer having independent Bamboo specs structures.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC 

Valerii July 13, 2022

Okay, so for example, here is my yaml spec configuration file:

image.png

In a "JIRA-custom-integration" bamboo branch I want to override only one parameter from Unit tests stage

requirements: NewGoodDocker

Everything else should be the same as in a master (default) branch.

How can I do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events