How to access job artifacts (regular / shared ) in a new tab in the Bamboo job page.

Kshitij Korde May 1, 2018

Hi,

If someone could please help, a thanks in advance. :)

I wanted to display an HTML report into a new tab on Bamboo Job Link (Default job). I have implemented the new tab using xwork and web-item in atlassian-xml. The class "XYZ" defined in action tab is extended from "PlanResultsAction". I am using a free-marker template which would display the artifact HTML report.

I was going through a similar question in link
"https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/What-is-the-proper-way-to-access-a-build-artifact-from-within-a/qaq-p/558533"

Question 1:

How can I initialize BuildContextImpl and BuildContextHelper in class "XYZ" to get the Build Working Directory and hence the artifacts?

My task runs on the agent, it would then publish artifacts generated on the agent using the below, 

"artifactManager.publish(taskContext.getBuildLogger(), taskContext.getBuildContext().getPlanResultKey(),
143 fileWorkingDir, artifact, new Hashtable<String, String>(), 1);"

Question 2:

Does the shared artifact get copied on the server?

I have created an artifact definition too, so I can see 2 artifacts (image)

Artifacts.png

Question 3:

I am always publishing an artifact (using publish API). Is my assumption correct that it always gets copied on the server from an agent?

What is the right way to display the content of the artifact in the new tab?

1 answer

0 votes
Kshitij Korde May 1, 2018

I did a bit of investigation. Now I am extending my class from "ViewBuildResults" instead of "PlanResultsAction". 

I now use the function "getSharedArtifactPath" and "getArtifactPath" to get the artifacts. But now I am getting the below error

ERROR [http-nio-6990-exec-1] [BambooStrutsUnknownHandler] There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [XYZ] associated with context path [/bamboo].

Preethi Pandian January 22, 2021

Hi Kshitij,

Where you successful in implementing your feature and resolving the above issue?

algotree. org January 25, 2021

Yup. I did it successfully. It was some simple change in code I think.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events