Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to Customize the deployment email notification

Hi,

I want to customize the deployment email notification, I know WEB-INF\classes\notification-templates but there is nothing related to the deploy mails, I found in one of the questions a file located in /opt/atlassian-bamboo-6.5.0/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/lib/atlassian-bamboo-deployments-6.5. 0.jar and this has com / atlassian / bamboo / deployments / notification-templates / deploymentFinishedHtmlEmail.ftl but I can not find it on the server, what is the way to edit the mail notification model?

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico Atlassian Team Sep 27, 2018

Hi @Wallys Alexander Morales Gonzalez,

Deployment notification are within a JAR and not in the same way as build notification. With that said, you could do the changes by:

• extracting the template from JAR
  • do the changes in FTL
  • place the template back to the JAR
  • restart Bamboo server

This may not result in what you expect as the customization you are looking for may not offer the object passed from controller to view, in other others from Java to FTL. With that said, perhaps you should consider building your own notification plugin (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/bamboo/building-a-notification-plugin/)

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Hi I am facing the same issues here. I have the ftl file available in my server path - / atlassian / bamboo / deployments / notification-templates / deploymentFinishedHtmlEmail.ftl

But after making some changes in the code done with the restart nothing changes. Still same. could someone help on this. Its quite urgent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

621 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you